Yard Waste & Loose Leaf Collection
Public Works provides yard waste and loose leaf collection to residents year-round.
Yard waste (branches, grass, leaves, shrubbery, trimmings, and weeds) and may be either placed in 95-gallon water-tight roll-out container or raked in a pile curbside for collection. No plastic or paper bags are allowed.
Loose Leaves may be raked in a pile curbside for collection. No plastic or paper bags are allowed.
Large/Oversized Piles: will have a fee assessed to the collection. Please call Public Works for more information.
- Limbs must not exceed 3 feet long and 4 inches in diameter.
- Yard waste must be free of all debris. No dirt, sod, rock, or concrete.
Yard Waste Placed in 95-Gallon Roll-out Containers:
- Place container at the street with the lid opening towards the street.
- Allow 3 - 5 feet of clearance between your container and any other item.
- Do not place yard waste cart in drainage ditch, bike lane, street, or on sidewalk.
- Filled roll-out containers (other than Town roll-out containers) must not weigh more than 50 pounds.
Yard Waste Placed Curbside in a Pile:
- Yard waste piles should be long and narrow and placed as close to the curb as possible (within 10 feet).
- Do not place yard waste in drainage ditch, bike lane, street, or on sidewalk.
Loose Leaves Placed Curbside in a Pile:
- Loose leaf piles should be long and narrow and placed as close to the curb as possible (within 10 feet).
- Do not place loose leaves in drainage ditch, bike lane, street, or on sidewalk.
The town cannot collect debris cut by a private contractor. This should be disposed of by the contractor.
Thank you for following these tips. It helps us provide better service to you.
- Tree trimmings
Yard Waste Containers
Yard waste containers may be purchased from Town Hall receptionist at 301 W Main Street or you may print a Yard Waste Container Order Form (PDF) and mail it to Town Hall along with a check or money order:
Carrboro Town Hall 301 W Main Street Carrboro, NC 27510
Public Works will deliver the container to your residence within 2 business days of receipt of payment. Please contact Public Works at 919-918-7425 for current container pricing.