COVID-19 Community Resources
The Town of Carrboro and our neighboring towns of Chapel Hill and Hillsborough, Orange County, the schools, community nonprofits and others are working hard to respond to the devastating impact COVID-19 is having on residents and small businesses in our communities.
On this page, you will find links to community resources and assistance funding. Lists are updated frequently. If you know of a resource to add, or have updates to the current listings, please contact Anne-Marie Vanaman, email@example.com.
People in housing crisis can call the Housing Helpline, 919-245-2655, to talk with someone:
- Monday - Friday, Noon-4pm
- Sunday - Thursday overnight, midnight - 6am
- No In-person services during COVID period
- Questions can also be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina distributes food every Wednesday to Orange County residents.
To maintain social distancing, April dates are at locations with drive-through service. Food is provided on a first come, first served basis from 10am–12:30pm.
Please have enough room in your trunk for the food box to make the process as contact-free as possible.
Locations, dates, and times for May are:
- May 6, 13, 20, May 27: Lower parking lot at Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive, 10am–12:30pm
- New - Town of Carrboro! May 8 - 12:30 am - 2:00 pm, Carrboro High School, 201 Rock Haven Road
- For the most current information and to locate food near you, you can use their Food Finder.
The Town of Chapel Hill has also created these Food Distribution Flyers:
Food Distribution Flyer-English
NCCOVIDSUPPORT.ORG - Interactive
You can also call the Orange County Department of Social Services if you need assistance, 919-245-2800.