Description of Duties
- Arranged by assigned Recreation Supervisor
- Clearly understands that during each presentation they represent the Town and their demeanor and subject matter should reflect that
- Communicates with departmental staff on logistic details
- Organizes and plans presentation and provides props as appropriate
- Person communicates effectively with participants
- Presents to audience of targeted age on agreed topic
- Experience and knowledge varies based on audience and is determined on a case-by-case basis by program supervisor
- Should enjoy presenting and have some knowledge of presentation fundamentals for targeted audience
- Presenter should have own transportation to / from the facility
- Should be willing to commit to date scheduled and give as much advance notice as possible if cancellation necessary
The time requirement for our guest speakers varies from 1 to 3 hours as mutually agreed for the program’s need.
For more information you can contact Carrboro Recreation, Parks, & Cultural Resources at 919-918-7364 and fill out our Volunteer Application Form.